Your skin is your largest organ, and adults support roughly 8 pounds and 22 square feet of it.
It’s your billboard of health, announcing how your body feels and how it’s functioning internally. Stressed? Your skin may look dull and dry. Elated? You will have an uncontrollable glow about you. Yet skin does so much more than simply make you look presentable. Healthy skin is your best barrier to environmental elements, sickness and infection. It serves as:
- a waterproof shield
- insulation against extreme temperatures
- a safeguard against damaging sunlight and harmful chemicals
It also discharges antibacterial substances that prevent infection and manufactures Vitamin D for converting calcium into healthy bones.
Skin serves as a huge sensor packed with nerves that connect the brain to the outside world. At the same time, skin provides us a range of movement, proving itself an amazingly agile organ.
Healthy skin is very important to your overall well-being, and we’re here to assist and educate you on how to care for it.
Conditions We Treat:
- Allergic reactions
- Blistering diseases
- Cherry angioma
- Congenital nevus
- Cutaneous skin tags
- Fungal and bacterial infections
- Hair loss and alopecia
- Hives and rashes
- Moles and warts
- Molluscum contagiosum
- Nail diseases
- Pigment irregularities
- Port wine stains
- Pre-cancerous lesions (actinic keratosis)
- Seborrheic dermatitis
- Seborrheic keratosis
- Sun damage and wrinkles
- Skin cancers (including basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma and melanoma)
- Other rare, benign and malignant skin disorders
Regardless of your problem, we are pleased to examine any skin disorder or growth and provide you with the best answers to your questions and comprehensive treatment options.
Cosmetic Services We Provide:
For complete information regarding our Cosmetic Services, please visit the MediSpa at Knoxville Dermatology Group website.
- Library of Skin Conditions
- National Psoriasis Foundation
- American Academy of Dermatology
- Tennessee Medical Association