Cleansing the skin is the first step in your beauty regimen. A good cleanser should wash away dirt and impurities without stripping the skin of its natural moisture. Here are a few steps to follow to perfect your cleansing routine:
- Remove make up first. Cleansers have a hard time removing stubborn sunscreen and makeup and won’t wash away all of your makeup and impurities.
- Use lukewarm or room temperature water. Hot and cold water can lead to redness and irritation.
- Use a gentle cleanser. Apply a dime-size amount of cleanser to a damp washcloth or your fingers.
- Use an exfoliating cleanser 2-3 times a week to help with cell renewal.
- Pat dry your face rather than rub. Rubbing can also irritate the skin.
- Follow up with a moisturizer.
- Always end with sunscreen, even if your moisturizer has SPF.
We carry cleansers that have been carefully selected for our patients. Here are a few of our best-selling cleansing products:
iSClinical Cleansing Complex – This lightweight cleansing gel is powerful, yet gentle enough for hypersensitive skin. Cleansing complex thoroughly cleanses the surface and pores of the skin without stripping essential natural oils, leaving skin soft and smooth.
- Deep-cleanses skin and pores without drying
- Excellent for blemish-prone skin
- Gives the appearance of smaller pores
- Smooths and softens
- Excellent for shaving
ZO Gentle Cleanser – this gentle cleanser is for all skin types and designed to remove impurities and leave the skin feeling refreshed, clean and hydrated.
- Helps remove makeup
- Deep cleans skin to remove oil and impurities
- Helps promote hydration and leaves the skin feeling refreshed
A great exfoliating cleanser is:
ZO Exfoliating Polish – This exfoliating cleanser uses magnesium crystals to exfoliate dead skin cells and create a clear, smooth and even toned complexion.
- Magnesium crystals provide exfoliation benefits
- Instantly polishes skin to restore smoother texture and healthy glow
- Removes dead skin cells to prevent clogged pores
These products are available at our office locations. To purchase products or to schedule a skin care consultation to see which products are best for your skin, please visit our website to schedule an appointment.